Cycling over 11,000 miles from London to Australia, to raise £20,000 for Shelter. And because I hate airports...

Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Day 10 Venice

I made it to Venice yesterday afternoon. I'm getting a boat to Greece early in the morning, as I need to cycle across from Igoumenitsa to Istanbul to collect my Iranian Visa, so the route and distance has changed somewhat.

I haven't had much of a chance to update this blog. It's a habit thing as much as any other excuse, so I'll try and wake a bit earlier, cycle a bit faster, and write stuff down as I go, but I've got permanent numbness in my right hand (not convinced about the 'butterfly' handlebars) so the writing is a bit difficult. Also starting to feel the cramps in the legs, so I am studying carefully what I'm eating.

Next update should be when I'm in Greece...

5 comments:

  1. Plenty of salt for the cramps Ollie, if you're sweating on the bike you'll need to replace lost electrolites. How are the spirits mate? try to massage your trapezuim yourself and shoulder stretches...might be trapped nerve

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be making good progress. Well done. How the hell are you going to get around all the problems in Syria?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work uffers! Making great progress, am enjoying the updates so keep them coming. Good luck in Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top work mate, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt, I have been massaging my legs, but I suspect it might be an electrolyte imbalance. I'm taking plenty of mineral salts though. It eases off after a couple hours cycling, so the cure is to not stop!

    John - see the route - I'm going into Iran from Northern Turkey and then (ahem) flying to Mumbai.

    Dicko - Africa? Is that near Thailand? Sorry, I'm not that hot on Geography :)

    ReplyDelete