Cycling over 11,000 miles from London to Australia, to raise £20,000 for Shelter. And because I hate airports...

Monday, 2 May 2011

Thessaloniki, Greece

I've been in Thessaloniki in Greece since Saturday. It seems I have a trapped nerve in my nether regions, and is getting worse before it gets better. I went to see a doctor here, who luckily spoke very good English. It is strange though, as I'm used to the saddle and have used it happily for two years now.

I'm heading to Istanbul this evening on a bus, as I need to get there to sort out my Iranian visa. It's all a bit frustrating, but there's little I can do about it - and the treatment for trapped nerves is patience. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. just testing.. last post didn't upload

    rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody hell ollie you've gone far!

    Is it your peroneal nerve that's tingling?

    Don't stress about getting the bus - just enjoy the ride and the man made miracle that is the internal combustion engine!

    Try and get your hands on a decent anti inflammatory like diclofenac or indomethasin. If you're not able without a prescription then try high dose ibuprofen 600mg 3x day.

    Dr Rob

    ReplyDelete